We need volunteers in the following areas:
The Processing Center is a bee hive of activity. The center receives incoming donations, sorts them and hangs everything up on rolling rack that will be taken to the events. Volunteers are needed Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 9:00pm. Help out for an hour or for the entire day….there is great flexibility on the days and times available. For scheduling reasons we ask for 7 working days notice when you are able to come in. We may also have a call out when there is a large amount to process. We welcome groups. Note: Volunteers (that are able to help from 9:00am to 5:00pm) at this location are required to successfully complete a FREE criminal record check. For evening volunteers no check is required.
There are over 112 events planned for this year. Event days are exciting, rewarding and very busy. Many hands make light work. On those days we need your help with:
- Setting up and unloading (everything is on wheels…so no heavy lifting)
- Greeting families as they arrive
- Registration and check in
- Helping families “shop” for clothes
- Checking out and re-bagging items to take home
- Food Service – coffee/tea and or food depending on the event
- Clean up and load up
- Unloading at the processing center
The events locations, dates, and times vary but most events are booked several weeks/months in advance and they are approximately 4 hours in duration from setup to clean-up.
For more information on joining one of our teams contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org